Want to be part of a fun close-knit development team serving the heart of America’s growing transportation industry?
With over 1,900 locations and operating since 1977, CAT Scale Company is a leader in certified weighing services for the trucking industry. America’s professional truck drivers depend on certified, accurate weights and CAT Scale Company is the leader in providing this service with the best quality of personnel, equipment, and customer service.
We are looking for a motivated Software Developer to augment and support our team of internal developers. Operating in an atmosphere with progressive development opportunities, you will be given the opportunity to develop applications from beginning to end. You won’t just be a small piece of a large puzzle, you will take ownership over something that you create. Ideally, you will be able to learn from your peers and bring your skills to the table to help bolster the team and keep CAT Scale Company the leading certified weighing provider in the trucking industry. The software development opportunities will both be customer facing and internal efforts to help augment all aspects of CAT Scale’s business model.
The ideal candidate will possess a desire to learn and operate in an agile atmosphere. You should be able to take a project from some of the initial design phases, through development, deployment, and maintenance of your application. An appetite for learning and expanding knowledge is a must (to help you we’re not afraid of supporting continuing education). Many of our applications are database heavy so you should be comfortable working in a MSSQL environment. Web and mobile experience are a plus.
- Ability to absorb a current business model in order to provide a quicker, smoother project development and release
- Use computing languages to create programs
- Maintain and augment existing programs
- Must be able to function in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to cross-train and share knowledge amongst different languages
- Be self starting, motivated, and creative
• Associate’s Degree, Computer Science or related field
• Experience in Application Development
• Understanding and use of the following:
- Languages – C#.NET / VB.NET
- Working Server Application Development Knowledge – Web API, WCF, Web Services
- Data Integration – ADO.NET, Entity Framework
- Moderate SQL DB Experience – MSSQL
- Windows Server – IIS
- Light Mobile Platform Development and Implementation – iOS/Android
• Solid understanding of the SDLC
• A clean understanding of source code management tools and process – Azure DevOps, Team Explorer Git,
•Excellent medical, dental, life insurance. Competetive salary and 401K Retirement plus educational assistance and additional scholarships!
The right candidate will be working in Walcott, Iowa.