Electrician Maintenance Personnel
Walcott, Iowa has been the home of The World’s Largest Truckstop since 1964- a proud company that is involved heavily in the trucking industry, serving the professional truck driver and the motoring public. Anywhere from truck weighing, to truck washing to a full course meal in the Iowa 80 Kitchen Restaurant.
When you join The World’s Largest Truckstop in Walcott, Iowa you are not only joining one of the largest family owned companies in the world, you are joining a tight knit community focused on your personal growth, development, and safety.
As an Electrician at our Walcott facility, your role in the bigger picture is to manage the preventative and predictive maintenance, troubleshoot PLCs, and to improve the functionality and safe working order of our operating equipment and machinery. So, if you’re up for the dare to expand your career in the world of being an Electrician, join our Iowa 80 family. We’ll always challenge you to think: “What’s next?”
1. Your primary responsibility in all of the work you perform is to be safe and follow all company safety rules
2. Associates Degree in related field or 2 years of work experience
3. Ability to adapt with change in duties
4. Ability to work independently or alongside a team of maintenance personnel
5. Knowledge of electrical, light plumbing, national electric code, equipment maintenance and the willingness to learn. Do you consider yourself a jack of all trades?
6. Sense of urgency at work and commitment to keeping building and grounds in tip-top condition
7. Individual with a CAN DO attitude, who is continuously looking to expand their knowledge
8. Successful background check, drug test and physical upon hire
9. Valid driver’s license
10. Experience running equipment (end loader & backhoe) is a plus!
This is a full time position, on call rotation would be required after completion of training and benefit eligible after 90 days.
1. Health, Dental and Life Insurance
2. Flex Spending
3. Paid Vacation
4. Profit Sharing
5. Tuition Assistance up to $1500 a year!
6. Paid weekly and employee discounts…even on GAS!