IT Project Manager and Software Developer
IT Project Manager/Software Developer
Iowa 80 Group, Inc. is seeking an IT Project Manager/Software Developer to work at Iowa 80 Group’s Headquarters, located in Walcott, Iowa. Iowa 80 Group includes The World’s Largest Truckstop, Joplin 44 Petro, Oak Grove 70 Petro, Kenly 95 Petro, Effingham Chrome Shop, Truckomat Truck Washes, Walcott Truckers Jamboree, CAT Scale Company and Iowa 80 Trucking Museum.
The Project Manager/Software Developer’s role is to plan, coordinate, manage and supervise activities related to the automation of business processes into organizational information systems. This individual is also responsible for testing the interoperability of application modules under development in coordination with other in-house software development teams. Will design and develop software programs, assist in company website development, oversee enterprise content management system, participate in ERP conversion and low-code development and integration programs. Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and desire to learn and use modern information technology tools are critical to the successful performance in this role.
- Manage integration projects between business units and development teams as part of the IT Departments effort to automate business processes.
- Plan, execute, and manage the integration of new applications into existing systems and software throughout the enterprise.
- Ensure that integration projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Research and make recommendations for integration products and services in support of the company’s goals.
- Provide company Website administration and application development.
- Manage Enterprise Content Management solution (digital document management platform). Participate with enhancing company’s ERP (financial accounting) system.
- Assist with mobile application development solutions.
- Evaluate results of integration projects, then report and make recommendations based on findings.
- Where applicable, investigate and qualify potential areas in which to introduce Web services or other automated tools to improve company operations.
- Provide daily help-desk and end-user support.
- Assist staff members in identifying ways to streamline operations and processes.
- Become proficient in using modern low-code development tools.
- Work with cloud-based solutions such as AWS, Azure, or Google.
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer science or computer engineering, and/or 5 year’s equivalent work experience.
- Direct experience in enterprise-level application integration projects and tools.
- Thorough understanding of website development, hosting and management.
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping and methodology development, and data mapping.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office products, understanding of core business applications such as financial ERP systems, Apple, Google, Hyland Software Onbase, IBM iSeries helpful, SQL, DB2 and low-code development tools.
- Fluent in programming languages, such as Java, Java Script, HTML, XML, .NET, C#, C++, Python.
- Direct, hands-on experience with automated integration and middle-ware tools.
- Knowledge of relational database design and management techniques.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- General knowledge of network designs, protocols and standards.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Outstanding writing and documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Able to conduct research into application integration issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability as needed.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers.
- Physically able to participate in sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some travel may be required for offsite software and system integration work.
Benefit eligible after 90 days, education assistance up to $1500 a year and scholarships available for the Bill and Carolyn Moon Scholarship!
Drug screen and background check required.