The World’s Largest Truckstop is currently seeking a qualified Department Manager to join our management team. This position is available in our main building that houses the Supertruck Showroom and Chrome Shop. Our Supertruck Showroom is the home to 3 trucks on display: America The Beautiful, The Blue Ox and The Cornpatch Cadillac. The Super Truck Showroom is filled from wall-to-wall with chrome and trucking accessories, books and DVDs. We also feature our Custom Shop and a Verizon kiosk here as well. Iowa 80 Truckstop is like a small city, others have likened it to be the Trucker’s Disneyland!
A qualified candidate for this position must have a passion for team work, a desire to learn, a positive attitude and possess the ability to contribute to the overall profitability of their department. Qualified candidates need to have a proven experience in training, motivating and supervising staff in a retail sales environment.
The hours for this position will be primarily days, will include one weekend day per week and may include some holidays. Iowa 80 Truckstop is seeking a hands on individual who is not afraid to work hard and put in the necessary hours to get the job done! Is this you?
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have previous sales experience, preferably in a retail environment.
- Must be friendly and decisive.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Experience with managing employee conduct and ensuring a high employee morale.
- Gain knowledge of all merchandise in the department.
- Experience conducting product inventories.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Research new products to promote sales growth.
- Improve displays and merchandising in the department that attracts and encourages customer purchases.
Competitive salary based upon experience.
Benefits: Group Health, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Employee Discounts, Gas Discounts, Paid Vacation, Paid Weekly and much, much more!
Drug screen, physical and background check required.