CAT Scale Company is growing and to do so we need Construction Laborers to join our team. CAT Scale Laborers travel the United States & Canada maintaining and repairing all of our 1,800 CAT Scales. When traveling out on the road, you will work 56 hours a week with hotel and meals paid for and when at home the week consists of 40 hours a week.
As a CAT Scale Laborer you will work with all different types of people including crew members, foreman, mechanic crews, subcontractors and customers. Laborers will encounter all different types of tasks including but not limited to: concrete work, scale deck repair, trenching for conduit, maintenance of all CAT Scale equipment and tools, working with skid steers and trenchers and driving vehicles that require a CDL. As a CAT Scale Laborer, a career with our company will provide the opportunity to travel to interesting locations throughout the United States. You will be working outdoors in a team friendly environment that is hands-on and has lots of room for advancement!
- Operating concrete saws, demo hammers, drills, mixers, grinders and vacuums.
- Assist in concrete demolition and repair.
- General grading, debris hauling, loading and unloading supplies.
- Power washing, sealing and applying specialty coatings.
- Assist in changing attachments on heavy equipment.
- Assist concrete placement, chute operation, raking, screeding and vibration.
- Assist in concrete finishing, hand floats, edgers, and all long tools including bull floats, fresnos, and metal trowels.
- Assist in erecting forms and rebar placement.
- Assist in metal work; torching and cutting, basic welding and grinders.
- Install conduits in trenches and pull wire.
- Ensure all safe work practices are followed at all times.
- Ensure safe housekeeping practices are followed at all times, including job cleanup at the end of each day.
- Maintaining and submitting accurate paperwork (time cards, logbooks, receipts, etc.).
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent Math Skills.
- Experience working under limited supervision.
- Drive to succeed.
- Ability to communicate and work with all types of people.
- Ability to lift/move 50-75 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to stand, kneel and bend over for long periods of time.
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather (Jobs are typically North in the Summer & South in the Winter).
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time, or 2-3 weeks at a time throughout the United States and Canada.
- No minimum experience needed – but construction background is helpful.
- Valid Class A CDL with a good driving record (Preferred) or ability to obtain in first 3 months of employment. If you do not have a CDL when you are hired and you are eligible, we can work with you to obtain it.
- Excellent Group Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance after 90 days.
- Travel advance given for meals, lodging, and incidentals.
- 1.5 days off for every 7 days worked.
- Year round work.
- Company shirts, coats and uniforms provided.
- Boot & jean allowance yearly.
- Profit Sharing after 1 year of employment.
- 401(k) Retirement.
- Paid every week.
- Paid vacation after 1 year of employment.
- Tuition assistance plus the Bill and Carolyn Moon Scholarship!
- Employee discounts…even on GAS!
Job offer contingent upon successful background check, physical and drug test.